BOTOX®Lethbridge Dental Care Centre
Can BOTOX® help you look younger?
BOTOX® is a natural, purified protein that’s commonly used as a cosmetic treatment to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
It works by preventing the signals sent from your nerve cells from reaching your muscles, to relax and soften them.
How safe is BOTOX®?
A BOTOX® injection uses a very small amount of a very powerful substance known as Botulinum Toxin. While BOTOX® has been used for many years and is considered clinically safe, it can come with some side effects. That’s why it is so important to begin any BOTOX® treatment with a consultation to be sure you have all the facts before you embark.
What are the benefits of BOTOX®?
Cautions aside, BOTOX® can safely be used to reduce the appearance of:
- frown lines between your eyebrows
- the fine lines that fan out from the corners of your eyes, known as crow’s-feet
- furrows in your forehead created when you raise your eyebrows
Due to its muscle relaxation properties, BOTOX® is also used to treat medical conditions such as:
- lazy eye
- an overactive bladder
- chronic migraines
- muscle contractions caused by a neurological condition like cerebral palsy
What’s the best way to get started?
A BOTOX® treatment with Lethbridge dentist Dr Karstan Lachman begins with a consultation. Once it’s clear you are a good candidate, you can expect the procedure to take roughly 15 minutes as the protein is injected with an ultra-fine needle.
Once complete, we recommend avoiding:
- strenuous exercise
- rubbing the injection site
- lying down immediately after the injection
You should also be sure to:
- exercise your facial muscles for 1 -2 hours after treatment
- book a two week follow-up appointment
If you would like to learn more about receiving BOTOX® injections at Lethbridge dental clinic, Cool Dental, please schedule a consultation.